Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shadow Mosaic

Well it is spring!!!
And we have had lots of sNoW and VeRy cold temps this week.
One good thing...
Shadows look great against the snow!


You will notice my kitty Mimi under the bird feeders -
she is a house kitty that usually stays on the deck to enjoy the sun.
I was very surprised to see her perched under the bird feeders-
I shot the pic, then opened the door and said
"Girlfriend I don't want you there" and she came running in the door.
~  Since she usually ignores me when she is outdoors,
I'm thinkin' she just wanted her picture taken..;-) ~

It has been very pretty -
BUT
I think it's time for a little spring-like weather!!


for more shadows check out
AND
for more mosaics visit

20 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

My shadows, have a great weekend!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Your photos are just gorgeous and I love the one with your cat under the feeder. She must have been hoping for a feed herself!
I hope spring arrives quickly for you. It is autumn here!

Hey Harriet said...

Certainly very different weather to what I'm currently experiencing! I do love these sweet snow shadows! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Kelly said...

Some lovely shadows here. I'm glad you called your kitty in so the birds could feast in peace!

Ralph said...

The snow creates a canvas for wonderful shadow art. It is lovely, but like you, winter did wear out its welcome for us. The kitty, if like ours, seems to know how to catch your attention. A picture of said feline under the feeders is perfect - for a cat...

podso said...

That white fence against the snow is marvelous! Good mosaics! Hope that's your last snow!

eileeninmd said...

Fantastic shadow photos! We were lucky to just miss the snow today.

Pondside said...

I love shadow shots, especially on snow. Gorgeous gate and arbour!

Vee said...

It is pretty, but it is so time to say goodbye to it until next season. It's going to be a short spring.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Gorgeous photos...for January...where is our spring...Have a beautiful week!!!

Carol said...

Great shadows! Great shots! You di have a lot of snow!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely shadows, Jeri! I bet you're glad to see the sun. :)

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Tired of snow, but this is very pretty...and the kitty is adorable!

ellen b. said...

Oh my it is something to see that much snow around. Love the shadows. Sunshine on snow is so beautiful. Have a good week.

Snap said...

it is pretty and i bet you are hoping spring springs soon!

Mary said...

Oh yes, shadows do make beautiful subjects, especially when you have such a lovely picket fence and arbor! Hope you get some spring soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shadow shots! Can this be Spring?
yvette@twistedvines

Anonymous said...

Fabulous shadow shots - I'm glad our snow had gone and spring has arrived!

BernieH said...

Your shots are gorgeous to someone like me who never sees snow, but I'm sure you'd rather be taking photos of springtime blooms! Terrific photos.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Love the gate. V