Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shoe Mosaic

When I was a little girl my mom & I would visit  Aunt Maude
and I was always fascinated by her collection of little glass shoes.
They were everywhere,
tabletops, shelves and especially window sills
where the sunshine would make them 
SPARKLE!!

While on a trip West Virginia when I was 9 years old,
I found a beautiful little shoe covered in shells and glitter
and mom suggested I start my own collection.

All these years later I still have my collection....
here are a few of my shoes.

My 1st shoe -
48 years and countless moves later!!
You can kind of understand how 9 year-old me
fell in love with this little shoe.

Thanks for visiting if you would like to see more mosaics, check out -

12 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

A beautiful collection. Your first shoe is so pretty, I can see why you fell in love with it. Enjoy your week.

Lorrie said...

What a pretty collection. I can see how it would appeal to a little girl, and big girls, too.

Vee said...

Yes, I can see how you fell in love with that shoe. I hope that you are still in love with it because it is truly lovely. This is such a sweet collection.

Mary said...

Oh what a fabulous collection! Thanks so much for sharing at MM> :)

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

What gorgeous little shoes. I love shoes myself so I can understand the idea for the collection. V

Snap said...

what fun! memories for me of an Aunt who collected shoes.

Carol said...

What a great collection! So pretty, I can see why you collect!

ellen b. said...

What a fun collection! Have a great week Jeri!

Rajesh said...

Your collection of shoes is just amazing.

Karen said...

What a fabulous collection you have. I love these little shoes. When I'm "antiquing" I see them fairly often. So much fun!!
I'll be back. I'm your newest follower. Have a great week!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Midwest to Midlands said...

What a nice shoe collection and one size fits all. I have one shoe and it came from Fenton in West Virginia!

My Dream Canvas said...

This looks lovely. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas! Have a great week ahead.