Thursday, April 2, 2009

Skywatch Sunset


I took this picture in our yard last summer. I tend to take quite a few sunset shots since we often get some magnificent color reflecting in the pond.

27 comments:

Elisabeth's bright side said...

Great photo. The sky really had nice colours and contrasts. It's like a soft aquarelle brush where used....

SandyCarlson said...

I like that very much. What a beautiful place.

EG CameraGirl said...

Well, how can you NOT take sunset shots when they are THIS beautiful?

Photo Cache said...

this is your backyard view? wow.

Mojo said...

That's your yard? Oh, I am sooo jealous.

Quiet Paths said...

Magnificent color no kidding. Very refreshing.

Owlfarmer said...

This is truly inspirational. I'm thinking about a post with sky reflections, and you just sealed the deal. Of course, water around here comes in relatively small patches. This is one to snitch for computer wallpaper. Thanks for stopping by the Farm--although your backyard might be worth leaving this one for . . .

Annie said...

Amazing photo! Well done. Thanks for showing us...and for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

It has great colors, and just so relaxing to see sun photos.

Jane Hards Photography said...

That is flat out gorgeous.

Michele said...

Magnificent! I just adore your sky colors and how it reflects into the water! Amazing!
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog!

Light and Voices said...

Howdy!
The sky just goes on and on and the reflections are g-r-e-a-t! Nice sky watch post.
Joyce

Arija said...

Great shot, you are lucky to have a water surface handy to double the effect.

betty-NZ said...

Wow! You really got some great colors there. I always enjoy sunsets. I could probably enjoy sunrises if I were a morning person!

Cathy said...

This is in your yard!! Wow! What a great yard! I love the beautiful colors and reflection. Have a great SWF

April said...

This is so lovely. Gorgeous sunset and reflection!

Carol said...

Great photo! Beautiful colors...I love the reflection...

penny said...

What a fabulous sky, I am in awe of your photo. Great Skywatch, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh very beautiful, a lovely scenic shot to be sure.

Tammie Lee said...

Oh my, lovely~

sunnymama said...

Magnificent photo of a beautiful coloured sky!

Marie said...

Great photo :)

airplane5312 said...

Lovely colors, befitting of a Skywatch photo.

Girl Tornado said...

That is most definitely some spectacular reflections on your pond! Thanks for sharing your photo with us, quite stunning! :)

Dawn Fine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...Sorry it took me so long to visit your blog...I have been sick with cold and fever..
but first i love your header..very cool.. and i also like the saying.
And you took that shot from your yard?
now i am curious...lovely photo...lucky you to live there.

Judy said...

Love your backyard.

Shannon said...

i would LOVE to live near water like this... the sunsets are obviously absolutely STUNNING!!!