Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Window Views - Looking Out - Looking In




I don't know about you, but I am ready to see a little color here! Not much new this week - I did get the flower pot and the bird feeder structure (except for the very top) painted.





Previous weeks -


Now, if you were to walk up to the window on the left and peek in, this is what you would see through the screen today. My orchid cactus in full of blooms and the huge fuschia colored flowers seem to be opening before my eyes.




10 comments:

Leora said...

I'm not completely sure of what I am looking at, but the orchid behind the screen as a look like an ancient Chinese painting. Lovely and muted.

Jeri ~ said...

Leora-
I guess I didn't explain it very well - I have 3 windows facing the pond. If you were to look in from the outside you would see my orchid cactus and it is amazing right now. The photo is taken through the screen, which makes it look almost like a painting on canvas. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful orchid Jeri!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot of the orchid. I can understand your wanting to see color after a long winter.

Anonymous said...

Yay, I love that orchid cactus. I think I've never seen that before. Great shot. And how lovely are those photos with the greeneries.

Milo and Alfie said...

The orchid cactus is beautiful.

Ivanhoe said...

What a beautiful shade of fusia on your cactus bloom!
I could not see much change in your yard shot. Will the blooms hurry up already? :o)

Annie Jeffries said...

The screen gives your beautiful orchid the look of an old and worn tapestry. I wanted to reach in and feel its softness.

kayerj said...

the cactus is lovely as is your view. Please stop by and see the view from my window

sunnymama said...

Love the peek through the screen! The flowers are looking lovely :)