Thursday, June 25, 2009

Skywatch Lake Huron Sunrise #2




These shots are exactly as they came out of the camera. The first was taken about a minute sooner and zoomed in on the mass of clouds.
I was fortunate to have lived on the lake for several years. I kept my camera on the coffee table and captured many spectacular sunrises.
That is why I decided to number them in the title .... there will be more.

23 comments:

Rob Ripma said...

Those are truely incredible. I think I like the first one best but they are both spectacular!

Carletta said...

I've been fortunate to see skies like this so I'm a little envious at the moment.
Gorgeous!

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

Sanna said...

Amazing colours! Nice photos. =)

Erin said...

stunning captures from lake huron. you were fortunate to capture these beauties.

Sylvia K said...

Absolutely stunning! The colors are spectacular! I, too, have been fortunate enough to see skies like these, now I'm looking forward to seeing them again!

Happy SWF!

Robin said...

Spectacular. Just spectacular.

EG CameraGirl said...

You had a beautiful view when you lived on Lake Huron! I look forward to seeing more beautiful skies. ;-)

Amy said...

Beautiful! Wish I could have been there to see that one.

Unknown said...

Wow!! How beautiful.S

Dewdrop said...

What an amazing view! The first is one of my favorite type of sunsets! Wonderful texture! Isn't it great how it changes so quickly? Good thing you keep the camera very handy.

FO - 2 said...

B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L!!! :)))

Ebie said...

True me and my camera are inseparable! Beautiful sky photos!

Nikki Dee said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

WOW! These are beautiful! I am addicted to sunset photography and Skywatch is like my ultimate fix!!

Thank you for sharing such beautiful skies!

My Skywatch is here

Photo Cache said...

Superb images. The colors are so vivid and the image is sooo dramatic.

Rose said...

These are gorgeous captures.

SandyCarlson said...

Wow. So much color and texture. Amazing.

Pearl Maple said...

Magnificant patch of sky. How lucky for you to be able to watch nature rolling out a colorful show for you. Thanks for sharing with Sky Watch Friday.

Tammie Lee said...

Wow! Stunning images and sunsets!

Lori Skoog said...

Fabulous photos! Dramatic. Thanks for visiting my Journal.

Unknown said...

WOW.. that is one spectacular sunrise !!

What a beautiful welcome to the new day..

Very cool captures :-)

April said...

Very striking sunrise over Lake Huron!! Fantastic clouds!

Judy said...

When I see the sky like that, I feel as if I know why the Greeks and Romans had their gods & goddesses in the sky. Amazing!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jeri: My those two are WOW shots. Thanks for sharing with SWF.